LinkedIn is known for providing an amazing connection and networking service for business professionals and business owners online. While most users have been satisfied with their free benefits and tools, many are becoming more aware of the benefits that a paid (LinkedIn Premium) account can bring.
There are several different types of paid LinkedIn accounts you can choose from (LinkedIn Premium, LinkedIn for Recruiters, LinkedIn for Job Seekers, LinkedIn for Sales Professionals), but LinkedIn Premium seems to be the one that generally suites most professionals and business owners. There are three main perks to upgrading to LinkedIn Premium:
- Enhanced Advanced Search
- Who’s Viewed Your Profile
Advanced Search: With Advanced Search, basic membership users can see several fields such as Keywords, Groups, and Relations. Premium users will have an additional eight fields in the right-hand section of the Advanced Search that are available to the different levels of paying members only. These enhanced search fields include:
- Company Size: This can be beneficial for targeting very small businesses (1-10 employees) to very large companies (1-1000 employees).
- Seniority Level: Beneficial for targeting decision makers from CEOs to Project Managers.
- Interested In: Very helpful when looking for specific groups of people like potential employees and hiring managers.
- Fortune 1000: Allows you to search specifically for employees at Fortune 1000 companies.
See Who’s Viewed Your Profile: Hailed as an excellent source for potential connections, this benefit populates a list of people who have recently viewed your profile. This feature is also available to free members, but they can only see the last five people who have viewed their profile. With the Premium option, members get the full list of people who have viewed their profile within the last 90 days.
InMail: Need to connect with someone you’ve never done business with? InMail allows you to send an email within LinkedIn to connect with someone you are not currently connected with. LinkedIn reports that members using InMail will greatly increase open rates compared to that of email. They also report a strong lead conversion rate of 7%. Premium users recognize this as a huge benefit of being able to talk to, and connect directly with, top decision-makers.
While LinkedIn’s paid services are not for everyone, there are some distinctive benefits to upgrading.
Latest posts by Terry Green (see all)
- Quick and Easy Video Apps to Get Your Message Out There! - June 22, 2017
- How To Get Your Social On And Network At A Live Conference - June 20, 2017
- Networking … It’s All About Them, Not About You! - June 19, 2017