Expertise… The New Imperative for Speakers
by Sandra Schrift
The National Speakers Association is emphasizing national reasons for their members to develop and enhance their expertise to improve their speaker’s business.
Here is a TOP TEN list by professional speaker, Alan Weiss, CSP. He proposes that expertise is present and strong when an individual emotionally and psychologically:
- Regularly and spontaneously creates projects, speeches and other interventions that utilize various permutations and variations of the expertise.
- Demonstrates outright zeal and joy when engaged in the pursuit, elevation and communication of the expertise.
- Feels elated, rather than drained, after being challenged about the subject matter.
- Equates the expertise with the overused term, “authenticity.” That is, “this subject matter is me.”
- Sparks others and subsequently triggers motivation through sheer enthusiasm.
- Rapidly develops and evolves the expertise; is motivated to create sharp learning curves.
- Is drawn “magnetically” to the subject area; making it hard to disengage or omit it from thought.
- Steadfastly believes and evangelically persuades that it is in the best interests of others to share in the pursuit, skill or topic.
- Feels frustration when the skill can’t be applied or can’t be understood by others.
- “Retreats” to the expertise for solace, reinvigoration, comfort and self-worth.
Written by Coach Sandra Schrift – a career telecoach to emerging and experienced speakers who want to get to the next level in their profession. Visit her on the web at: http://www.schrift.com to learn more about her Speakers University teleclasses. And, be sure to sign up for her great newsletter – Monday Morning Mindfulness!” Phone: 619-688-9467 or email [email protected].
Latest posts by Terry Green (see all)
- How Do You Show Appreciation And Thanks To Your Clients? - June 27, 2017
- The Flat Out Truth About Why You Should Never EVER Stop Marketing! - June 26, 2017
- Quick and Easy Video Apps to Get Your Message Out There! - June 22, 2017