Whatever happened to good old fashioned customer service? In today’s business world, business owners seem to be more concerned with how they can make it easier for “them” to do business and make money, than they are about making it easier for their customers or clients to do business with them. Far too often, business owners forget the fact that they are in business ONLY because of their customers and clients. In light of this downward trend in customer service where “the customer is always right” no longer seems to apply, I found the following article by Debra J. Schmidt, The Loyalty Leader, very refreshing, and worth sharing. Instead of the typical “No shirt, no shoes, no service” sign that I see all too often when entering a place of business, I think the following Bill of Rights for customers might be more appropriate! How about you?
Your Customer’s Bill Of Rights
by Debra J. Schmidt
Your customers deserve the most courteous attention you can give them.
They are the lifeblood of every business. They pay your salary. Without
them your company would have to close its doors.
Every customer has rights when they choose to do business with you.
This “Bill of Rights” is usually unspoken but is ingrained as a set of
expectations. When your customers’ rights are not upheld, it is duly
noted and they will move their business to a company that honors these
Your customer has a right to the following:
- To be treated with respect and kindness.
- To receive fair price for products and services.
- To receive service from competent, well-trained employees.
- To receive high quality products and services that are supported by
- To feel valued and appreciated every time they conduct business with
To have your full and undivided attention as you listen carefully to
- To have attention to detail and accuracy.
- To expect complete honesty and integrity in the way you conduct their
- To have an open two-way communication channel where they can voice
their complaints and feedback.
- know that promises will be kept.
Copyright 2005, Debra J. Schmidt
Debra J. Schmidt, a.k.a. “The Loyalty Leader®”, helps companies
boost their profits by leading them to greater customer, employee and
brand loyalty. You can subscribe to Debra’s free email newsletter
packed with loyalty building tips at: www.TheLoyaltyLeader.com
Latest posts by Terry Green (see all)
- Quick and Easy Video Apps to Get Your Message Out There! - June 22, 2017
- How To Get Your Social On And Network At A Live Conference - June 20, 2017
- Networking … It’s All About Them, Not About You! - June 19, 2017