The popularity and effectiveness of video marketing continue to experience exponential growth. Video advertising is not new, and its integration into website and mobile content has become a powerful marketing strategy. Businesses of all sizes, would be wise to incorporate video in its marketing strategy. Including website, mobile, email, and social media. Take a look at the following reasons you should develop a video marketing strategy.
Increased Video Traffic
It is estimated that seventy-five percent of Internet traffic will be video in 2017. If video isn’t already part of your marketing strategy, it’s time to catch up. Now is the time to determine what type of video attracts your ideal client. Now is the time to build a team to create and execute your new video marketing strategy.
Return On Investment (ROI)
It’s important to track the ROI from all your marketing content. Based on their ROI, over fifty percent of marketing professionals have determined the importance of increasing video content. Video analytics software shows marketers what content is being consumed. It also shows the geographical location of their audience. Knowing this information helps marketers get a clear picture about who and where their audience is, resulting in an increased ROI.
The retention rate for video content is considerably more than that of its text-based counterpart. Retention is a critical component of a success-driven marketing campaign. Compelling content will stick in the consumer’s mind and influence their purchasing decisions. Statistics show the majority of consumers watch more than seventy-five percent of a video. Work the most important content of your campaign into the first half of the video.
Video content has is becoming more and more popular with consumers and marketers. Its versatility makes it the perfect content for websites, mobile marketing, and email campaigns. Video is versatile and effective. Several minutes of video can be the basis of many campaigns. You can combine sections of various videos to create a whole new communication. You can also target several demographics by shifting the content around. Because of video’s ability to be reused in many ways, it can be be highly cost-effective.
Increases Email Open And Click-Through Rates
People get tired of opening long drawn out emails with a ton of verbiage. Busy people tend to skim through or ignore that type of marketing altogether. Video is a powerful medium for communicating with your customers and clients. By placing the word “video” in the subject line, the open rate increases by twenty percent. Why not use video to feature a new product introduction, tutorial, sale items, and educational information? Video content makes your email stand out from the rest. It provides interesting and valuable content.Adding video content to your email makes it stand out from the rest.Click To Tweet
A Few Quick Video Facts
As more statistics become available, they reveal the importance of including video in your marketing.
- Marketing firms for business to business and business to consumer cite video as one of the top three effective social media and marketing strategies.
- Nearly thirty-five percent of tablet users watch more than an hour a day of videos. Be sure your two- or three-minute video is being watched.
- Over 85 million smartphone users watch video on their mobile device every day. They depend on their smartphone, and videos providing a quick glance and overview of a product or service to help them make purchases.
Not sure how to get started?
Let’s make this part easy for you. You can go crazy creating videos left and right. So let’s tackle the 3 most important video categories every business should have.
- Welcome Video for your website – Greet visitors and let them know who you are, what you’re about, and how you can help them. Keep it short and sweet. A goal of 3 minutes or less is ideal. This is your virtual handshake. It’s big-smile time!
- Product or Service Description Videos – OK, so there might be a few of these. Creating a video for each product and each service is your goal. Focus on one thing at a time. Describe the pain your solution solves. Then describe how your client’s life will change when they use your product or service. It’s all about benefits, benefits, BENEFITS!
- The Top Ten – These are the top 10 frequently asked questions you hear about your business. As before, you want a short video to answer each question. The length can range from less than 30 seconds to a few minutes. Take whatever time you need to be clear in your answers, without rambling. Short and sweet, but informative. Delivering clear goals and valuable takeaways will create an ultimate fan base for your business.
Once you have these done, then branch out to create even more videos for your business. There is no limit to how you can incorporate video into your business messaging and marketing.
Now is the time to start incorporating video into your marketing strategy. It’s popularity and success is already proven. Don’t let your marketing team put it off another day.
Also published on Medium.
Latest posts by Terry Green (see all)
- Connecting on LinkedIn the Right Way and the Wrong Way - August 17, 2017
- Why Failure Is a Necessary Step On The Path To Success! - August 15, 2017
- How To Add Video Marketing To Your Strategy! - August 14, 2017