We cherish our social media platforms and spend lots of hours and dollars to make them the best they can be. But there are times when our power circle is infiltrated by hackers, spammers and other unsavory types. If this ever happens to you, here are some steps to take back control and give the infiltrators the boot.
Google+: Go to your Circles page. Click on the person you want to block, then hit the actions button over to the right, and then block! If you feel things are more serious than someone simply being annoying, take the extra step of changing your password.
Facebook: The best course of action is to BLOCK the offender. Blocking them prevents them from not only viewing things you share on your timeline, but also doing things like starting a Facebook chat or message with you. If your account has been hacked, change your password right away!
To block someone:
1. Click the cute little lock at the top right of any Facebook page (It’s to the right of the home button).
2. Click “How do I stop someone from bothering me?”
3. Enter the name or email address of the person you want to block, and click Block.
People will not be notified when you block them.
Twitter Hackers: Change your password ASAP. Some hacking is as mild as sending spammy comments about weight-loss or suspicious links like “OMG look at this hilarious video of you!” Those can be salvaged by changing your password.
**Next week I will share tips on what to do when your Twitter account is hacked in a big way.
Latest posts by Terry Green (see all)
- Connecting on LinkedIn the Right Way and the Wrong Way - August 17, 2017
- Why Failure Is a Necessary Step On The Path To Success! - August 15, 2017
- How To Add Video Marketing To Your Strategy! - August 14, 2017