If you were to poll a hundred entrepreneurs to ask them if they love handling their entire workload and all of the technical marketing or administrative tasks that go along with operating a business, I would be surprised if you got a single, solitary yes.
Every single business owner I’ve ever encountered has at least one task they
despise don’t enjoy doing. It’s part of the entrepreneurial code. When you decide to go into business for yourself, you take the ups with the downs and the good with the bad. The trick is learning how to manage the tasks you have to do but don’t want to do, determining what to outsource, and how to balance it all.
These tips will help you determine what to outsource so you can enjoy more of doing what you love to do!
Identify the tasks you *have* to take care of. There are so many things that need doing in the average business; social media, follow up, content creation, customer care, product development … the list goes on. Being a solopreneur demands your attention be pulled in a million different directions. So which of those things do you have to be doing, and which can you delegate to someone else?
Really give this some thought, because you can hire help for almost everything. For example, if your bookkeeping is bogging you down, you can hire someone to take care of that, but it’s your responsibility to get the receipts. If you’re falling behind in your blog posts, you can outsource the writing, but it’s your responsibility to come up with topics or ideas.
Make a list of those things you have to do, and those things you can delegate or outsource to someone else.Wondering what to outsource and delegate?Click To Tweet
Wondering what to delegate? Here are some common tasks handed over to our team members:
- Video/audio editing. If you know you should be doing podcasts and videos, but don’t because you’re too busy or just not sure how to handle the technical things, talk to someone who can help. Sure you may have to do the recording yourself, but someone else can take care of the rest.
- Social media marketing. Many of our clients are just too busy to stay on top of their social media accounts, so they depend on us to do their posts for them, and ensure their platforms are being monitored. This is something very easy to outsource, which can free up so much of your time!
- Shopping cart management. If you’re operating an online business and require a shopping cart, you know how much is involved, and how difficult to keep everything functioning properly. This is something our team does on a daily basis, so you could easily outsource this type of work.
- Newsletter creation. Email marketing isn’t going anywhere! However, it takes a tremendous amount of effort to keep a newsletter going. Outsource!
Once you have a list of things you can outsource to someone else, make a plan of how you will tackle those dreaded tasks that are your responsibility. Personally, I tackle these things first thing in the morning so they’re off my plate and I can spend the rest of my day doing the things I enjoy.
An investment in the right team is truly an investment in your freedom.
With the right team of professionals taking care of those tasks you don’t want to be doing, you’ll have more time for more revenue generating activities. And, you may even find time to sit back and relax from time to time throughout the week. What a concept!
What tasks would you outsource if you had the right folks to help you?
Also published on Medium.
Latest posts by Terry Green (see all)
- How Do You Show Appreciation And Thanks To Your Clients? - June 27, 2017
- The Flat Out Truth About Why You Should Never EVER Stop Marketing! - June 26, 2017
- Quick and Easy Video Apps to Get Your Message Out There! - June 22, 2017