Here’s another goodie from one of my favorite ezines. It’s from the June edition of The World’s Shortest Ezine (Always 200 words or less! Always!). Tom’s ezine may be short, but it always has some of the best tips.
Turn Contacts Into Contracts!
By Tom Letourneau
Networking is a powerful tool that anyone can use to increase contacts and sales. Here are some ideas to make your networking more effective:
- Come prepared! Make sure you have enough business cards, are up-to-date on current events and, yes, even sports, traffic and American Idol.
- Make your nametag readable! Write your name in LARGE block letters. Place it on your right side so when you shake hands, it moves closer to the other person.
- Have an opening line to begin a conversation! You might comment on the event or even the weather. Keep it light.
- Ask open-ended questions! Get the other person talking about their business, their favorite food or ???
- Act as host or hostess and introduce people! Use your contacts to help others make connections. You’ll have twice the contacts and lots more friends.
- Be positive and upbeat! People do business with people they like and they like friendly, happy people. If you don’t feel well or are in a bad mood, don’t go to the event.
- Have fun! A networking event can be like a big party with the added benefit of connecting with people who could buy from you.
From The World’s Shortest Ezine by Tom Letourneau (800) 845-7553 / www.TomSpeaks.net
Latest posts by Terry Green (see all)
- Connecting on LinkedIn the Right Way and the Wrong Way - August 17, 2017
- Why Failure Is a Necessary Step On The Path To Success! - August 15, 2017
- How To Add Video Marketing To Your Strategy! - August 14, 2017