by Lou Bortone
It’s never been more difficult to get your message heard above all the noise online … If you hope to make your message “stick,” here are a couple of keys to keep in mind…
1. Cut to the chase – That’s the old Hollywood movie expression for getting right to the action. The same is true online: Get to the point. Be succinct. We’re living in the age of Twitter and 140 character communication, so keep it short and sweet!
2. Be original – Express yourself and be authentic. Copy cats and ‘me too’s’ get lost in the shuffle. You need a compelling message delivered in your own, unique way. What makes you different? Can you pass the “who cares?” test? Stand out and get noticed.
3. Be relevant – Make sure that your message is interesting and compelling to your target market. Connect with your audience. One way to do this is through Online Video, which is personal by nature.
4. Make ’em laugh – Humor sells. It’s not easy to be amusing, but it’s one of the best ways to ensure that your message is not only heard, but shared. It’s no coincidence that the vast majority of viral videos are funny.
5. Be entertaining – If you can’t be funny, at least be engaging. Entertain, inform or inspire. Add some personality to your message. Again, video is a great way to get your message across in a unique and entertaining way. Be memorable!
Lou Bortone is a long-time marketing and branding consultant who helps entrepreneurs build breakthrough brands on the Internet, with services such as online video production, video branding, coaching and creative support. Lou is a former TV executive who worked for E! Entertainment Television and later served as the Senior VP of Marketing & Advertising for Fox Family Worldwide, a division of Fox in Los Angeles. Lou is an author & ghostwriter of 6 business books, a Guerrilla Marketing Coach and a Book Yourself Solid Certified Coach.
Latest posts by Terry Green (see all)
- Connecting on LinkedIn the Right Way and the Wrong Way - August 17, 2017
- Why Failure Is a Necessary Step On The Path To Success! - August 15, 2017
- How To Add Video Marketing To Your Strategy! - August 14, 2017