Tips For an Awesome Video
By Jane Atkinson
- Your video should show you speaking within the first minute of the video – keep the techno bells and whistles to a minimum
- Make the first story on the video THE most powerful thing you’ve got – you have two minutes to impress them!!!!
- Be authentic
- Capture audience energy – audience shots of: laughing, nodding, taking notes, listening intently
- Avoid empty seats or distracting things like waiters taking away plates
- Avoid a podium or anything that hides your body
- Energy is the toughest thing to capture on film. Create energy with your body movements (use the stage fully) and voice.
- Try to film the type of audience that you most desire to work with (ie: if you want to book speeches with groups of 500 or more in auditorium style seating, then don’t film an audience with 50 people at round tables eating lunch).
- If your audience is flat, use music underneath your presentation to add energy
- Make it clear on the video what you do, what you are an expert on, and how you do it and include your best stories that will demonstrate that
- Show your passion about this topic
- Include some humor – show your lighter side
- 10 minutes in length is fine for a finished product
- Warm background, plants, etc.
- If you’re going to do one-on-one interviews, make them different from all the rest, and keep them short.
At the end of reviewing your video for the first time, ask yourself if this video answers the question, “why should I hire this speaker?”
Copyright 2005, Jane Atkinson
Jane has been helping speakers double their business annually for more than a decade. As a former speaker’s agent, she has represented numerous speakers who have vaulted to the top 3% (Platinum Level) of the industry including Vince Poscente, Peter Legge and Joe Calloway (all CSP/CPAE’s**). Jane is a full time business coach and consultant dealing exclusively with professional speakers, celebrities and CEO’s. Her clients are the who’s who and the up-and-comers of the speaking world. For more information regarding Jane and her upcoming book “The Wealthy Speaker: A Proven Formula for Building a Successful Speaking Business” visit her website at www.speakerlauncher.com
Latest posts by Terry Green (see all)
- Connecting on LinkedIn the Right Way and the Wrong Way - August 17, 2017
- Why Failure Is a Necessary Step On The Path To Success! - August 15, 2017
- How To Add Video Marketing To Your Strategy! - August 14, 2017