Do you ever find yourself spending more time stressing about the work that needs to be done and the tasks that need to be completed than you do actually doing the work and completing the tasks?
Stress from worry about everything going on in our businesses and personal lives has become so commonplace in our day-to-day lives, that we are often unaware of its effects on us physically and emotionally. Stress is not only draining, but if not controlled, can become a never-ending cycle. Stressing about one thing usually leads to stressing about something else, which leads to something else. Before we know it, we become even more tired and worn down than usual, which can often lead to fitful or sleepless nights, which only compounds the problems and causes more stress.
So what’s the solution? The first step is awareness. Call a spade a spade and acknowledge your stress is causing friction and distress in your business. The next step is ACTION. Take the time to laser in on the issues, work, and tasks that are causing you stress and work to find ways to lessen it. Today, I’d like you to take a few moments to:
- Evaluate your day/week/month. What tasks or projects are causing you the most stress? Are these tasks you need to do personally, or can they be delegated to a support person?
- Do you have specific high priority tasks and services that need to be performed every week? Do you have a plan or system in place to accomplish them?
- How much time do you spend stressing about what you need to do vs. actually doing it?
- Are you keeping your business and personal concerns separate?
- Are you using technology as efficiently as possible? There are many apps, programs, and platforms that could relieve your stress and free up time. On the flip-side, is technology creating distractions/interruptions that keep you from completing your priorities?
- Are there specific tasks or projects that are necessary and have to get done, but keep you from doing what you do best – like creating products, writing books, developing webinars?
I know that’s a lot to digest, but having an effective plan in place can prevent work from piling up and your inner stress from kicking into overdrive. You may think you are an “expert juggler” and can keep multiple balls (tasks) in the air or plates (projects) spinning on sticks, but when things start hitting the ground and you find yourself experiencing anxiety and sleepless nights, it might be time to look at the above bullet points and re-evaluate things.
If you don’t already have a support person and are trying to do it all on your own … drop us an email and schedule a complimentary 20 minute consultation to see if working with an Online Support Specialist might be the answer to reducing the stress and anxiety in your life!
Latest posts by Terry Green (see all)
- Connecting on LinkedIn the Right Way and the Wrong Way - August 17, 2017
- Why Failure Is a Necessary Step On The Path To Success! - August 15, 2017
- How To Add Video Marketing To Your Strategy! - August 14, 2017