I love tools and apps … technical tools and apps that is. And, this seems to be the time of year when products and services start rolling out their updates. Last week I covered a couple of updates on the social media front. This week I’ll share the latest updates on a couple of my favorite apps, Canva for Work and Beacon.
Canva for Work – I love, love, love Canva for Work. Canva is great all by itself, but it is totally worth it to pay the $9.99 per month to get all of the great features and benefits of Canva for Work. One of my favorite features has always been Magic Resize. You can resize your image into a variety of different image sizes with the click of a button. ALL of my images on my blog and social media platforms are created with Canva for Work!
But with its most recent update, Canva is getting even better! Now you can magically animate your designs with just one click. With this exciting new feature, you can watch your designs come alive. There really isn’t much I can say … you’ll just have to try it out yourself on the Canva website, and experience the easiest way to animate your graphics. If you’ve never used Canva before, you should check it out. As I said, the free version is awesome all on its own, with a ton of features and benefits. But if you create a LOT of images all of the time, Canva for Work is the way to go!Exciting upgrades for two of my favorite apps!Click To Tweet
Beacon – If you are using Beacon to instantly convert your existing blog posts into professionally designed, downloadable content (or have been considering it), you’ll be happy to know the system has been updated. They’ve rebuilt their editor so you can “worry less about page breaks and have more control over page layouts.” You can check out the changes in their video. If you don’t know about Beacon and want to know more, you can check out the blog post I wrote about it.
I’m super jazzed because Beacon has upped their game with a new and improved dashboard, AND have been rolling out three specific updates!
- Recycle was the first update to be released, and gives you the ability to import posts by typing the web address. No longer will you need to use any plugins or technical integrations. You’ll be able to recycle your blog content in just a couple of seconds. You can find out more about this update here.
- Capture is the next one to be released and will provide more opt-in opportunities, increased conversion rates, targeted incentives and content upgrades!
- The last feature to be released will be Smart PDFs that are media friendly, for better mobile optimization and social sharing.
If you have any questions about either Canva for Work or Beacon, just let me know!
Latest posts by Terry Green (see all)
- Do You Know Which Social Media Platforms To Use For What? - May 23, 2017
- Can You Honestly Say “What You See is What You Get?” - May 22, 2017
- The New and Improved Canva and Beacon - May 18, 2017