From Services to Products
By Biana Babinsky
For many of your potential customers it is much easier to make a decision to spend $20-$40 on your e-book, than $100-$300 for a consulting or coaching session. Having products and services in different prices ranges will help you introduce your expertise to a wider audience, reach more people, and, ultimately, gain more projects and clients.
Many of my clients offer great services, but sometimes have a hard time coming up with an idea for a product that will appeal to their core audience. I recommend that you use your expertise, services you already offer and the needs of your target audience, when brainstorming new products. Let’s see and brainstorm how you can use your services and expertise to offer a new product to your target audience:
- A copywriter, can offer an e-book on creating effective web copy that sells products and services online.
- A web designer can offer a “Top 10 Things that Effective Web Sites Have in Common” special report.
- A virtual assistant, who helps clients maintain their schedules, can offer a tips booklet on how to keep your schedule manageable.
- A business coach for people working at large corporations, can offer a book on how to get ahead in the workplace.
As you can see, all the products I list help the solopreneur’s clients to get ahead – whether it is getting ahead in the worksplace, through creating an effective web site or web copy that sells. Create a product that helps your clients get ahead – they will receive help at lower price, and you will add a new income stream to your business.
Over to you – let’s take action! Write down answers to these questions as a starting point to brainstorming new products for your business:
- What are the top three questions that your clients/potential clients asked you in the last three months?
- What is your most requested service? What are the three main benefits that your clients receive when you deliver the service to them?
- When you just started in the field, what was one thing that you struggled with? What helped you overcome it?
Thinking along these lines will help you create a list of possible product topics.
About the author: Biana Babinsky is the online business consultant, expert and author, who teaches business owners how to get more web site traffic, become better known and make more money online. You can learn online business and marketing directly from Biana by joining MarketingSalad.com, the online business community for business owners.
Latest posts by Terry Green (see all)
- Quick and Easy Video Apps to Get Your Message Out There! - June 22, 2017
- How To Get Your Social On And Network At A Live Conference - June 20, 2017
- Networking … It’s All About Them, Not About You! - June 19, 2017