by Jane Atkinson
I’m lucky to be in a business where I get paid before I do the work. There’s no waiting 30 or 60 days to receive a check. It’s all arranged up front before coaching is provided.
But this summer I had a new client who really couldn’t afford me and delayed payment for weeks after our initial session. After a lot of rig-a- marole, when the payment did arrive, it was short.
This didn’t feel great to me.
A day later another new client package arrived by Fedex. This client had started the day before. He overnight his book, the signed agreement and full payment.
Now this felt perfect.
Although I felt bad for my cash strapped customer, I am clear that two qualities of my perfect clients are: 1. That they pay gladly and 2. That they pay on time.
In fact, I have a long list of qualities of a perfect customer/coaching client. They include things like being fun to work with, taking action after each call, and not getting easily distracted (this is a tough one for most speakers).
I hope that you will strive to surround yourself with perfect clients as well. Here are a few questions to help you get the ball rolling:
1. What are the qualities of your perfect customer?
2. Who are the clients that you love to work with? And why?
3. Who are the clients that cause you the most work for the least reward?
4. Who do you need to let go of? Or fire?
5. If you should have done it a long time ago, what are you waiting for?
Now you might say that this is a pretty tricky economy to be speaking so loosely about firing clients. And you’re right.
But let me ask you this….if you are not willing to let imperfect clients go, how will you make space for clients who are perfect?
I believe that if you do the right thing, the Universe will support you.
ps: Although I am currently on coaching sabbatical, I am doing these awesome ‘Focus 40′ sessions – they seem to be a hit! Check it out http://www.speakerlauncher.com/coaching.html
1326 Huron St. #339
London, Ontario N5V 2E2
Latest posts by Terry Green (see all)
- Quick and Easy Video Apps to Get Your Message Out There! - June 22, 2017
- How To Get Your Social On And Network At A Live Conference - June 20, 2017
- Networking … It’s All About Them, Not About You! - June 19, 2017