I’m constantly seeing posts on the different networking sites I belong to, asking if anyone has a good list of sites to submit articles. I personally have a list of 100+ article submission sites that someone once gave to me. So I, in turn, pass it on to others. I don’t know about you, but it takes a lot of hard work and effort to post an article on 100+ sites. Much more time and effort than I have to give. So the question is this: Is this practice of posting articles one at a time to a large number of sites the best use of your time, or is there a better, more efficient way to get your articles out there on the net? Well, evidently there is, in the form of article banks. Maria Marsala, President of Elevating Your Business, shares her knowledge about the benefits of placing your articles in articles banks vs posting to individual submission sites or article directories, and how to do it effectively.
by Maria Marsala
Summary: It’s more than possible to market your business and become an expert using articles. In the process, you gain links back to your web site, and the articles you write can be placed in a booklet, ebook or your future book, too! Now, if you need articles for your ezine, website, magazine, or newspaper, you can request articles at no cost to you through article banks. It’s a win-win-win! (win for you, win for the writer and win for your subscribers!) Read more below.
What’s the difference between an article directory and an article bank?
Article directories are one-way places on a web site where the site’s owner lists their articles. Here you can read the articles and sometimes these articles are available as free or paid content for publishers.
Article banks are two-way web sites or pages within a web site. They are places where authors “deposit” articles to invest and where lenders “take” the article to use. The “interest” someone pays for using an article consists of a bio or resource box. Each article bank site includes guidelines for authors and potential publishers. Authors retain first rights – retain ownership – to articles placed on article banks. Some article bank sites publish e-zines that include recently submitted articles, ad swap requests and/or an “articles wanted” area, too. You’ll find 10 article bank web sites listed below.
For Business Owners
Article banks are a way to advertise your business and gain link popularity, ezine subscribers and new clients. At the end of each of your article, place a 5-6 line bio, with a link back to your web site!
Are you a new writer? Gifted writer? Business owner who enjoys writing? Writing can be an excellent way to market services or products with little capital outlay. Articles posted to an article bank include a short bio (sometimes called a resource box) about the author. This would include a copyright year, the name of author, and a link to the author’s web site at the end of each article. Some article bank sites or publishers may request an authors’ picture and/or logo, too.
A few words of caution for authors.
- Never give blanket permission to anyone to use your articles. Not an article bank, web site or author. Instead, set boundaries and your articles will appear in places you’d enjoy visiting. When someone requests to use your article, check their web site or request a copy of their e-zine. If you don’t like the web site, the product or whatever – remember to say “no”!
- If you don’t always catch your own writing mistakes consider hiring a Virtual Assistant or Copywriter to assist you with proof reading, submitting articles, or even keeping track of places your article appears.
- Place your articles on your web site as a way for your potential clients or publishers to get to know you better. If you provide your articles for free, make sure that your bio includes a link to your web site or ezine information. Also include an easy way for anyone to request permission to use your article as text or to copy the code directly from your web site (if you allow that).
- If someone wants to use your article and they’ll receive compensation, you deserve compensation, too. Money, ad’s in newsletters, paid membership, yearly subscription, a copy of an e-book for you to use and send your clients, these are all ways for you to be paid. If the way someone suggests you’ll be paid, doesn’t agree with you, well, here is another place you can say “no”.
Article banks are for you if you don’t enjoy writing or are looking for some extra content for your e-zine, magazine, web site, e-book, etc. With the permission of an article’s author and sometimes the article bank owners themselves, you will be provided with free content. In return, the author will provide you with copyright information, a brief bio and link to their web site. Many of the sites below contain both article banks and ezine directories. When you visit article banks, look for the other services that the site owner provides for you as a publisher and utilize the other helpful services, too. If you find yourself using an article bank over and over again, consider providing a link from your site to their site – maybe on a “recommended links” page. It’s an excellent way to thank the site owner for providing such a valuable resource.
Test out the article banks below and submit your articles now. Or use the banks to obtain articles for your e-zine, web site or magazine.
Post Your Articles on These Article Banks
The list below is small portion of the places to submit or request articles. The notes you see below, after the name of the web site, include what type of article it accepts and any special information that I feel would help you in the process. Enjoy! And let me know when one of the banks has helped you gain new subscribers and clients!
- http://finance.groups.yahoo.com/group/BusnessArticles/ Basics of business topics, no marketing.
- http://finance.groups.yahoo.com/group/MarketingArticles/ Marketing and Internet marketing topics.
- http://health.groups.yahoo.com/ Self-care topics.
- http://www.addme.com Website, business promotion.
- http://www.article-emporium.com/ Most topics.
- http://http://www.articlesfactory.com/submit.html All types
- http://www.advertisingknowhow.com/ All Types
- http://www.reprintarticles.com/ Most topics. Was ArticleResponder.com
- http://www.articlecity.com/ Most topics.
- http://www.amazines.com Most topics.
- http://www.alumbo.com/ Most topics.
- http://www.businesstoolchest.com Internet with some Business Articles. Watch out for the war of the pop-ups
- http://.www.buzzle.com/ Most topics. Application process takes 4 weeks.
- http://www.boconline.com Business only
©2005 Confidant to CEOs and Presidents. Former Wall Street Trader Helping owners of service businesses accelerate your profits and improve productivity – quicker! Resources, teleseminars, consulting and coaching that save owners of service businesses time and maximize their success. Join “SIMPLE Business Solutions Ezine” to receive your 2 reports now. http://www.ElevatingYourBusiness.com
Latest posts by Terry Green (see all)
- Quick and Easy Video Apps to Get Your Message Out There! - June 22, 2017
- How To Get Your Social On And Network At A Live Conference - June 20, 2017
- Networking … It’s All About Them, Not About You! - June 19, 2017