7 Secrets For Taking Your Business To A New Level
By Patricia Drain
Patricia Drain knew it was time to write a business owner’s quick guide for building value in your business when she attended a seminar with other business owners. A frequent question asked among the group was, “Why did you decide to start your own business?”
Most said, “I needed to make a living.”
And Patricia remembered years ago that she would have responded exactly the same. When she started her first executive recruiting company, she bought herself a JOB, actually a very stressful job, instead of creating a business with value that could someday be saleable.
What changed her business? Seven things.
1. She gives all the credit to a business book she read that stressed you should work ON your business not IN it.
2. She believes you should create a turnkey environment.
3. She started making the necessary changes immediately by stepping back and looking at her business through the eyes of a business broker.
4. She created systems that worked from the receptionist to the marketing strategies.
5. She started creating marketing materials that made her company stand out from the rest.
6. Her executive recruiting firm added the contract side to the business to add more value and she created a business plan for the company on what it would look like when it was done.
7. Now it was ready to sell because SHE no longer was the business. It took on a life of its own and it had value…finally.
Ironically, a buyer approached Drain after doing a due diligence on her company. He said he was impressed with the “systems” that were in place and the reputation the company had. He said her company seemed “unique” and came through with an offer she couldn’t believe.
“Sometimes we don’t realize our own value and the value our business might have” Patricia said.
She now helps other business owners build value in their companies and has written a book that compliments those consultations entitled, 7 Secrets For Building A Business That Has Value, a quick guide for entrepreneurs, business owners and business leaders who want to take their business to the next level.
She has consulted with businesses as small and varied as a two- man basket company to The Del Webb Corporation to Universal Studios.
“I do prefer small to mid size companies; however, because there are less politics and bureaucracy within. I also realized that not everyone could afford one on one consultation, so I developed Seminars that any business owner could afford. Each seminar is focused on business owners, leaders, and entrepreneurs that want to add value Different speakers, such as a business brokers, tax accountants, business attorneys are presenting material that will help owners think out of their box,” explained Drain.
Her other books Hire Me, Secrets of Job Interviewing, an international best seller in seven languages, and I love Myself, a children’s book and tape on self esteem can be found on her web site.
She is in the process of building three more companies, Corporate Search Group another executive recruiting firm which she owns with her daughter Pamela Mulroy CPC, Changing Times Seminars A professional seminar and keynote speaking business and Gilbert Thomas Press her publishing company that publishes books tapes and a large product line. All of these companies are dba’s under Patricia Drain and Associates Incorporated.
Patricia can be reached for an interview or keynotes for Building businesses with value, Adapting to change, and Self Esteem at http://www.patriciadrain.com or by emailing mailto:[email protected] or calling: (602) 653-6635.
About the author:
Patricia Noel Drain is the co-founder of MAXIMIZING SUCCESS, INC. The next Life changing Life and Wealth Balance Retreat will be held in Sedona, AZ November 3-5 2006. For more information go to http://www.maximizingsuccess.com and tell them Patricia sent you. Ms. Drain is an international author and speaker living in Arizona. Visit her at http://www.buildagreatbusiness.com and check out her new book, “”HIRE ME! Secrets of Job Interviewing” at http://www.patriciadrain.com
Latest posts by Terry Green (see all)
- Connecting on LinkedIn the Right Way and the Wrong Way - August 17, 2017
- Why Failure Is a Necessary Step On The Path To Success! - August 15, 2017
- How To Add Video Marketing To Your Strategy! - August 14, 2017