Offering a giveaway or running a website contest for your business might not apply to everyone, but website contests do have their value for promoting services and products. Website contests and giveaways are also a great way to get your business information in front of potential customers and clients.
However, before jumping into the giveaway-waters, there are three key questions you should have a clear answer to before hitting the “publish” button for our website contest.
3 Questions to ask yourself when planning a website contest:
- What is the goal or purpose for your website contest? Is it to get your products and services into the hands of users who will not only use them, but share their experiences with others? Or is the goal to gain new website visitors or social media connections? Whatever the reason, you need be clear on the “why” before you begin.
- What will you give away? Make sure the giveaway item not only has value, but is relevant to your business. If you are a business coach who chooses to give away a Kindle Fire HD; though generous, it will do little to better your business or gain credible customers. Consider giving away 3 months of free personal coaching, one of your premier digital products, or a 3-month subscription to your coaching membership.
- Leverage Strategy: Have a clear strategy in mind for promoting your event, as well as a plan for how your business will leverage the additional traffic once the contest is over.
Rafflecopter is one of a few great tools you can use to run a website contest from your WordPress site, which makes it easy to create and launch a giveaway in minutes. Their basic account is free.Here are a couple of related posts you might be interested in:
Here are a couple of related posts you might be interested in:
If you’d like to run a contest on your website but don’t know how … just schedule a complimentary 20 minute consult to find out how we can help!
Latest posts by Terry Green (see all)
- Quick and Easy Video Apps to Get Your Message Out There! - June 22, 2017
- How To Get Your Social On And Network At A Live Conference - June 20, 2017
- Networking … It’s All About Them, Not About You! - June 19, 2017