It’s so easy to forget that not everyone in the free world spends 100% of their time tied to a computer. And as shocking as it may seem, not everyone is on social media. But marketing these days seems to focus so much on social media that many entrepreneurs are excluding all other types of promotion for their companies.
This presents an opportunity for you to stand out.
There are reasons why many old tried and true forms of marketing have always worked. And yes, there are lots of reasons why we don’t advertise in the Yellow Pages much anymore; but there is still merit in some of the older lost and forgotten tricks of years gone by.
Here are some simple marketing ideas to get you thinking about some of the ways you can market your business beyond the social media world we are so immersed in.Consider implementing a few tried and true marketing tactics above and beyond Social Media.Click To Tweet
- Write a sales letter. Do you remember the day of the letter? You know, that piece of paper with writing all over it you’d find in your mail box along with all of the junk mail and bills. Guess what? That day is still here! People just aren’t writing them. I firmly believe a well-written letter can compel someone to reach out to you to learn more about doing business with you. I do recommend you do something to make the letter stand out from all the rest of the mail though. Maybe it’s an envelope in a vibrant color, something solid in the envelope to make it “lumpy” or possibly hand-addressing the envelope. Something that will keep your letter from looking like the over abundance of junk mail the recipient throws out every day.
- Strengthen your calls to action. Every time you publish a blog post you should have a call to action at the bottom. A few words to encourage your reader to take action in some way. Most likely this will be an invitation to contact you, but you’ll need to tell them HOW they will benefit by calling you. A call to sign up for your current “freebie,” join a list to get your blog posts by email whenever you publish a new one, or an invitation to follow you on your social media channels are also great calls to action. Just make sure you tell them what you want them to do next. Remember to include a CTA in your sales letters, brochures, and newsletter articles, too! Try your hand at creating a few great CTAs so you have some to rotate through your various marketing messages.
- Send gifts. Show me one person who doesn’t like to receive gifts. Everyone loves presents! Giving is a great way to get attention; and it doesn’t take much. If you’re a business coach, maybe you can court potential clients by making them packets of wild flower seeds and telling them you would love to help their businesses grow. If you’ve written a book and you want to get some media exposure, send key influencers a signed copy of that book along with a box of gourmet brownies. Things like this set you apart and make people pay attention to you.
Social media marketing is critical in today’s world of business, but that doesn’t mean you should exclude all other forms of promotion for your products and services.
Keep on keeping on with Facebook, Twitter, and all the other ways you’ve been marketing your business online, but start thinking of how you can spread word of your business beyond social media.
Latest posts by Terry Green (see all)
- Connecting on LinkedIn the Right Way and the Wrong Way - August 17, 2017
- Why Failure Is a Necessary Step On The Path To Success! - August 15, 2017
- How To Add Video Marketing To Your Strategy! - August 14, 2017