Hands up, who likes to do PR and marketing for your business? I thought so. Not many. It’s one of those things that always gets put on the back burner and almost always gets done in the “extra” time we have (need I say more). That’s why it’s so important to make a PR plan and stick to it. Make a commitment every month and see how easy it can be to follow. Let’s start with article marketing.
Article Writing – Article marketing works! It gets you more exposure for your business and when done right will result in front page Google status, lots more sales, more clients, and generally more recognition all around. It’s so easy to do too. You already have the knowledge, it’s just getting it all down on paper. Start with a series of how-to articles – such as top three tips on something you do regularly in your business, things you know like the back of your hand, but many others don’t have a clue. All you need is the following:
- Title (with the keywords in there of course – Top Three Ways to Get More PR In Your Business)
- Opening paragraph or two describing why these tips are important and how they can help
- The top three tips – making sure to really add value.
- Closing paragraph bringing it all together.
- Bio – Information about your company that relates back to the tips you mention in the article.
Done! Now do this every week or two and sit back and watch the sales come in. Well almost, you also need to distribute your article. We’ll get to that next.
Article Distribution – Now that you have the article, make sure you get the most exposure out of it. You want to send it out to the top sites, the ones with the best page rankings. Also, research other places you can submit your articles in that industry. To accomplish that, just do a Google search such as the following: PR articles, marketing articles, or articles on PR, articles on marketing. You may have to play with that a little, but you get my drift. Also, add that article to your blog or newsletter and make sure you tweet about it with the link to where it was accepted once it is distributed.
See how easy an article marketing campaign can be! Just make the commitment and get out there and do it.
Don’t have time or want to distribute the article yourself? Let us know … we’ll have one of our article marketing savvy team members do it for you!
Latest posts by Terry Green (see all)
- Connecting on LinkedIn the Right Way and the Wrong Way - August 17, 2017
- Why Failure Is a Necessary Step On The Path To Success! - August 15, 2017
- How To Add Video Marketing To Your Strategy! - August 14, 2017